Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Loofah in Spa

Remember how I promised way back when to show you folks a picture of the loofah I made with Naturally Caron Spa yarn? Well, here it is. I forgot to take a picture right after I finished it, so this was actually taken after I had been using the loofah for about a week, and after it had gone through the wash (gentle cycle) and dryer (low-med heat).

You can see that it keeps its shape quite nicely, definitely better than the Bernat Cool Crochet. I'm sure that's because the yarn is thicker so the loofah comes out much denser. Another consequence of that is that it doesn't lather up quite as well as the Cool Crochet. It's a bit of a trade-off really. Personally, I think I'd rather have a better lather than a more resilient shape, but that's a matter of preference.




In other news, today is my first day of class for my Masters in Public Health! Eek! Wish me luck... I'll try to keep up with posting at least once a week, but with being a full time student again, and planning a wedding, I can't make any promises! Just know if I've disappeared for a time that I haven't forgotten about you, and I will be back... eventually :)

5 comments:

  1. The loofah looks gorgeous!

    Good luck with wedding planning and school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you blogging! Love the loofahs...may have to make one, yeah, in all my "spare time, right? Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with all that you are doing!keep us updated on the wedding!I love weddings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your classes! Mine started a few weeks ago & I am already in midterms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was hoping to find a pattern for your loofa.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment! Be advised that any comments including abusive language and/or personal attacks will not be approved.